9.18.2009

Donnie Darko's Robot Bunny


My element is SHAPE. The objectives of this assignment was to explore and create various abstract shape and shape qualities and to gain experience with illustrators drawing and transform tools. I believe I've meet the objectives of this assignment because it's clearly demonstrates various forms abstract shapes that were produced with the use of the pen, blob, pencil, and the transform tool. I experimented many times with this element trying to form an abstract but overall representational shape formed by smaller angular and organic shapes. This was try #3 in fact and I'm very happy with the outcome of this piece. Creating this piece taught me that I don't have to use conventional shapes to create a representational picture. Although we are drawn more to geometric and symmetrical shapes, its great to take risks and produce a piece that is not only eye-catching but thought provoking.

5 comments:

  1. This is really cool. It definitely reminds me of the rabbit from Donnie Darko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's this movie called Alice by a Czech surrealist filmmaker by the name of Jan Svankmajer (I realise that sentence makes me look like a pretentious idiot). ANYWAY, it's a stop-motion animation of Alice in Wonderland, but with dolls and taxidermied animals. It's really wonderfully creepy. The Rabbit character in the movie is a stuffed dead rabbit but with human dentures for teeth (terrifying)... and the point of this rambling comment is that your piece reminds me of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say? I think you did a really great job with the shape exercise. The fact that you were able to create the Donnie Darko’ robot bunny out of abstract shapes is really awesome. The objective of this course were met, you have explored all the tools that were required and with your many try you also gained experience with illustrators drawing and transform tools. May be you could have spread out a little more on your canvas but it is really just to critic something. Overall I think you did a wonderful job, keep on the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, thanks for having fun with this assignment! You've completed a great piece!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.